It is not uncommon that gel polish may get thicker after a while. Here are a few suggestion on how to take care your gel nail polish. These suggestion are from CND website for caring Shellac but I think it works for all gel nail polish.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly before each use to disperse the solvents which helps prevent evaporation and thickening
- Close the cap firmly when not in use. This will prevent solvent from evaporating in between services. It may be necessary to clean the neck of the bottle after use to ensure a tight closure.
- Do not expose the bottle to light without the cap firmly in place. Exposure to light can begin the curing process, this includes sunlight and table lamps.
- Replace the cap any time you are not actually applying the product. This limits evaporation as well as exposure to light.
- Use Shellac when the bottle is at room temperature. This will insure good consistency for application and eliminate fast evaporation of the solvents.
When in cold temperature, gel polish tends to be thicker than usual. Therefore, before application, let it stand in a normal temperature for a while. Also another suggestion is to wrap it in a warm damp towel. Warm the towel first in microwave. Or you can also soak the polish in a warm water in bowl and wait for about 15 minutes.
So do you have any experience with thick gel polish or know the solution to it? Please share with us by leaving your comment below.